Sunday, January 16, 2011

Drivin toward in-game reflections plus a recap of yesterday's playoff games.

Hey guys, welcome back to the blog.  Today I am going to do some in-game reflections of the Patriots-Jets game, which starts at 4:30 ET / 3: 30 CT.  Considering my love for former Michigan Wolverine Tom Brady, I will be analyzing his play throughout the game!  Yesterday I received a comment that I forgot to mention Tom Brady in my blog about the Patriots-Jets and Bears-Seahawks matchups.  Thanks to Marilynn for pointing that out, as it was unjust of me to neglect my favorite player! (ps. I am wearing my Tom Brady shirt right now!)  Anyways, yesterday's football games were great to watch!  The Ravens-Steelers game will certainly be discussed for a long time, as the Steelers came out with such intensity in the second half.  Like I predicted in my blog on Friday, superior Quarterback play from Ben Roethlisberger helped lead the Steelers to victory, while some mistakes by Joe Flacco doomed the Ravens.  This was the same case for the Packers-Falcons game later last night, as Aaron Rodgers played a phenomenal game while Matt Ryan threw some suspect passes. Lets take a look at each quarterbacks respective statlines:

                               C/ATT   YDS   AVG   TD   INT   RATING
Ben Roethlisberger    19/32     226     7.1      2        0         101.8
Joe Flacco                16/30     125     4.2      1        1          61.1
Aaron Rodgers          31/36     366    10.2     3       0          136.8
Matt Ryan                 20/29     186     6.4      1        2         69.0

Ben Roethlisberger and Aaron Rodgers both posted at least 100 yards passing and 40 points more in passer rating than their respective opposing quarterbacks, Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan.  Aaron Rodgers performance is especially significant, considering he led the Packers to only 17 points last month against Atlanta and had not won a playoff game until this year.  Looks like the Packers made a great decision getting rid of Brett Favre and installing this guy into the offense.  Besides, it's too cold to text a lot in Green Bay anways!

Check back here soon for your updates on the Patriots-Jets game!  I'm sure Rex Ryan is rooting for a lot of punting, as he likes players with good feet, like this guy, whose name is more synonomous with 'Dude? Where's my Car?' than football!


         

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're wearing it!!
    I bet the reason he had that epic fail of a throw is because you neglected him yesterday ;)

    ReplyDelete